As I post this week, I am celebrating a small milestone – 100 posts by Mother of a Man-Child. Every Friday, for almost two years now, I have shared a little story about our life with the Men-Children (and not to be forgotten Sister of a Man-Child).
It all began with this story (All In Good Taste), which was really the inspiration for my blog in the first place. I was so outraged at the behaviour of my teenage son, and no doubt the lack of control that I was facing, that it suddenly occurred to me to write about my experience, in order to vent my frustration, and for my own amusement.
I have had almost 6,000 views of my blog in that time, from a small but growing audience. I have rarely been short of material, thanks solely to the Men-Children who are a constant source of inspiration for my writing. I have also thoroughly enjoyed the comments from you, my readers, and the regular feedback. It’s always nice to know people enjoy reading my stories. 🙂
To celebrate my little milestone, here’s 10 of my favourite posts. The ones that caught my eye as I recalled what we’ve endured and/or survived over the last two years. As it’s Christmas and we’re off on another Griswald Family Holiday, I’ll be having a short break from Mother of a Man-Child, but I’ll return early in 2012, no doubt with some more news of the Men-Children’s adventures from our next holiday! Enjoy.
- Argue this logic (boys are NOT on the same wave-length as their Mother)
- Uninvited guests after midnight (what happens when you find four strange girls in your home at 3am)
- An arresting story (a close call for a shop-lifting man-child)
- The self-tattooing trend (sometimes teenagers are idiots)
- New Years Eve at Portsea (like Mother like Son, the attraction remains)
- A Princess Tale (a story about Sister of a Man-Child, in sharp contrast to the Men-Children)
- Sleeping over at a GIRL’S house (at 14 not my ideal scenario)
- Freezing on Cadet camp (a lesson learned for our stubborn man-child)
- Plains, Trains and Automobiles (what happens when your man-child is stuck in Adelaide for a week)
- Drug and Alcohol Education (our first experience with a dope-smoking son)
As always, feel free to share my posts with friends or relatives (or a publisher if you know one!).
Wishing you all a safe and happy Christmas and a wonderful start to 2012.
Congratulations on hitting 100 posts! I’ve only discovered your blog today, so I’ve got a bit of catching up to do.
You should make “I’m a man-child” t-shirts – I’ll take a dozen.
LOVE the t-shirt idea! Think I know a few grown up men who would be definite buyers. 🙂